Set it and forget it slow cooker honey bbq beef brisket slathered in sweet and rich bbq sauce is so juicy and tender it will melt in your mouth.
- 1 medium-large beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
honey bbq sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Lightly grease your slow cooker and place brisket inside. Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Stir together seasonings and rub all over brisket. Pour sauce over brisket, cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Pour liquid from the slow cooker into a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir cornstarch into cold water until dissolved, then pour into sauce pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Shred beef with two forks and pour sauce back into the slow cooker, give it a good stir and serve hot.