- 1cup flour
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1egg (beaten)
- 1⁄3cup milk
- 1cup apple (diced)
- 1cup cooking oil
- confectioners’ sugar(for dusting)
- Measure and sift all dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and milk together; slowly incorporating the dry ingredients.
- Add the chopped apples.
- In a heavy skillet on the stovetop, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop teaspoon full of apple-batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown in color- 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and drain on brown paper.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes 12 small fritters.
- Eliminate the sugar and serve with pork roast.